Friday, December 23, 2005

The Church at work party

I have been asked to explain the Church at Work Party. This will be a difficult task for me without offending some people or raising the level of the stupidly of remote controlled sheep.

Not everyone will agree with my views, in fact I may be alone with my life time observations of slowing watching the annihilation in Canada of the reason my grandfather got on a boat in Halifax with thousands of volunteers with a rifle, not a bible, a rifle, slung over his shoulder and why my uncle, who I never got to know, his two sons never got to know, is buried in the solders cemetery in Regina.

Contrary to popular belief south of the boarder and in Canada WW2 started in September 1939. Shortly after Americans started to cross the Canadian boarder to join the volunteer Canadian forces. Americans hand pulled war supplies and aircraft across the neutral border between the US and Canada with them.

Men and women of all ethnic backgrounds, religious backgrounds including the oppressed people in Canada and the USA were preparing for war in Europe. It is not only the American Continent we share with the people of the USA. The reasons I think are still remembered by many Canadian and US citizens. They must be explained to our children and grandchildren forever, not only on November 11.

The children in liberated countries are not told they have a duty every November 11 to wave the flag of foreign nations. Children everywhere ask questions. Who are all these people buried row after row? Why white crosses row after row? Why not a tombstone like granddads grave? Why are all the people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds buried together in the same grave yard? Did they kill other people, where are they buried? Why did they all die here?

The only childhood memory I have of WW2 is when a man knocked on our door late at night in Vancouver. He told my mother she had to black out the windows or turn the lights off. This would have happened at the same time the Canadian air base on the west coast of Vancouver Island was being shelled from a boat off the coast.

I also remember the day that my cousin, with his shiny boots, left for Korea to follow in the foot steps of his father that he never got to know. I was young. I could not understand why he did not have a gun. I discovered later that his gun was made in the USA, heavy and attached to steel tracks. I also discovered later that unlike WW1 and WW2 I was not one of the reasons he went off to war. Young men could be led off to war for the wrong reasons.

I believe that the people of Canada and the USA are being led down the wrong path, for the wrong reasons, and away from a proud and historic past that my grandfather went off to war with a gun on his shoulder to protect.

The separation of church and state. The separation of church and Courts of Law, Liberties and Privacy. Fundamentalists have no respect for the separation of church and state. Religious and political forces have joined. This is a great threat to Canadian moral values, the churches and family values in Canada.

The satanic child abuse cases in Saskatchewan and what happened to the Ross children and Johanna Lucas are a window on Canada’s future? One only has to look at what has been done to my mother and I for the answer.

People may get the wrong impression reading my Blog and think that I have no respect for the court. I have the highest respect for the courts and the law and from a very young age. I can remember the “Follow John” and white foot prints painted on sidewalks in downtown Vancouver. I can remember a comment made to a great Canadian writer of Jewish heritage and how I felt to lose a mentor and someone I looked up too.

One of the past judges of the Court of Queen’s Bench in Saskatoon treated me when representing myself in his court with the highest dignity and respect. This judge would parachute behind enemy lines during WW2, without a uniform on, he would have been executed as a spy had he been caught. In all the time he was a judge there was not one appeal of his judgements to the higher court. This was not because lawyers were afraid he would parachute into their back yard on a dark moonless night if they dared file an appeal, it was not his religious values, it was his moral values that resulted in fair and just judgements.

If you are a politician or justice in Canada with fundamentalists or extremist views, or your head is stuck up the Popes ass you may not like what I have to say. Don’t read any further.

To be continued:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does The Church At Work Party mean?

Anonymous said...

Keep your knickers on!